CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

January 17, 2012

Quotes to Think About and a Tummy Tempting Tuesday Recipe

I'm attempting to do two posts in one today. I would like to try to post a recipe each Tuesday (yes, me, the one who really could care less for being in the kitchen) because I do love easy recipes, and thought it would be fun to pass them along! I also began a post yesterday but didn't get a chance to finish it.

Yesterday, I was amazed again at how God keeps bringing the topic of serving to my attention. During the last week, I have come across several quotes that have helped me as I pursue this goal of becoming a better servant. I hope they will be a blessing to you too!

"Only the power of God can free us from our natural self-centeredness....There is no need to pray that God would come in power. That is the only way He ever comes. We need hearts that are so responsive to Him that He will choose to demonstrate His power through us. Is your heart so filled with love for God that you are watching for the first opportunity to say with Isaiah, 'Here am I. Send me!'?" ~Henry Blackaby in the devotional Experiencing God Day by Day

"God sees your life from His eternal perspective. He will take whatever time is necessary to grow your character to match His assignment for you." ~Hernry Blackaby in the devotional Experiencing God Day by Day
"Self-sacrifice brought Christ into the world. And self-sacrifice will lead us, His followers, not away from but into the midst of men.....Only, when, like Christ, and in loving obedience to His call and example, we take no account of ourselves, but freely give ourselves to others, we shall find, each in his measure, the saying true of himself also: 'Wherefore also God hath highly exalted him.' The path of self-sacrifice is the path to glory." ~Excerpt from a sermon by B.B. Warfield (You can read more from this sermon here.)

There is so much more to life than what we see. I believe He has more planned for us than we could possibly imagine, but we miss out because we are focused on ourselves instead of others. How will you let God use you today?


Wild Rice Chicken Dinner

This recipe is my most requested one! I, by no means, dreamed it up myself, but it is one of those tasty, comfort dishes that hits the spot no matter when you make it! It's also a great dish to make ahead and freeze! Hope you enjoy it!

1 package (8.8 oz.) ready to serve long grain and wild rice

1 can (103/4 oz.) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1/4 cup milk

1/2 tsp. pepper

3 cups cubed cooked chicken

Above are the basic ingredients, you can also add any or all of the options below:

1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts, drained

1/3 cup chopped onion

1 jar (4 oz.) pimentos

1 can French style green beans

1/2 cup slivered almonds

Heat rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, combine all other ingredients except chicken in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and rice; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until chicken is heated through. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment