CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

January 6, 2012

A New Year and New Goals

I love the New Year, and the feeling of being able to start fresh again! I don't do New Year's Resolutions, but I very much love setting new goals for the year! :) I also enjoy sharing my goals because then I feel a little more accountable, and it makes me at least try to accomplish them so that I don't look like a lazy bum at the end of the year. So, this New Year, I am sharing my goals with all of the blogging world...hopefully, I don't regret this! :)

Goal 1: To become a better servant (You can see my previous two posts here and here for more about this.)

Goal 2: To become a more fun mom. I am very jealous of those moms who can spontaneously have fun with their kids. I'm not that kind of mom, but I'm going to try my best to become better at this.

Goal 3: To practice my voice and violin at least 2 days each week. This is nowhere close to what I need to practice, but I do need to be somewhat realistic....and hey! Two days is better than no days! :)

Goal 4: To read four books each month - only one of them being a fiction book. In my pre-kid days, I would have laughed at this goal, but I have found that I do not have much spare time anymore, and I do miss reading an awful lot! I told my mister last week that it would be "awfully nice" if he would watch the kiddos so that I could go "bask in the peace and quiet of Barnes and Noble." He looked at me as though I had ten heads! I'll keep working on him though! :)

Goal 5: To digitally scrapbook each of my children's first year of life. I was adding before their birthdays to this statement, but Mr. G's b'day is only six weeks away, and I don't think that's going to happen. So, we'll just settle for sometime before the end of the year.

Well, I think that about does it for me! I'm looking forward to this fresh start and can't wait to see what God has planned for me and my family this year! I hope you have taken a little time to make some goals for this year. I have learned that if you make big goals, you may not accomplish them all, but you will get more accomplished than if you never had any goals at all! So, here is to a great year full of service to our great God and fun and adventure with the people He surrounds us with!

No comments:

Post a Comment