CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

January 12, 2012

Habits for Falling in Love Again

Sometimes life becomes....well, life....In other words just plain busy with the everyday chaos, and then, just for fun, we add a little more extra chaos! In the busyness of taking care of my kiddos, preparing meals, keeping a somewhat clean house, making sure the kiddos are actually learning something in this thing called homeschooling, and even strengthening my relationship with God, I sometimes put one person at the very end of the line for the littlest bit of leftovers. That would be my mister. For those of you who know my mister, you know he's very easy going, quiet and laid back. He enjoys being by himself (I know - I can't fathom that either!)! And so, it is easy to give, give, give all day to the ones who are more vocal about their needs and then have nothing left for the quiet steady man.

Don't get me wrong. The mister and I are the best of friends, and we make a wonderful team in this crazy raising of five kiddos (or should I say raising of five crazy kiddos?)! With a new baby on the scene, though, we haven't had a lot of one on one time. I read this post on Ann Voskamp's blog yesterday and thought it was wonderful. If you don't have time to read the entire post, scroll down to the very bottom where she placed the 4 minute marriage habits that will change your marriage. They're very easy to do and really will make a difference in your marriage! I noticed that habits 1 and 2 are ones that my mister and I already have, but I definitely could use some work on number 3! Click on the link to see what you can do to make sure your steady man knows you love and appreciate him! God gave us a wonderful gift when he gave us our misters. Let's not lose them because of too much busyness.

No comments:

Post a Comment