CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

June 8, 2012

Day 8 of the 90 Day Bible Reading

I know everyone is not able to participate in the 90 Day Bible Reading Challenge, but I do want to take each Friday to let you know how it's working for me and what I'm learning through it.  It's a great way for me to be accountable, and I also pray that it will encourage some of you to take up the challenge in the future.

Unfortunately, I must confess that I am only on day 5!!!  I know...pretty lame, but guess what?  That's OK.  My plan is to make up those two days over the weekend during some of my extra quiet time, and so I hope to be back on track on Monday.  If you are doing this and are on Day 7...congratulations!!! That's a lot of reading and commitment, and you are off to a terrific start!  If you weren't able to complete the entire week, please don't become discouraged.  You can do like me and try to catch up, or you can just call it a missed day (or two or three ;)  ) and continue on!  My biggest worry with encouraging others to join me in this is that people will begin reading just to be able to say we did it!  Please don't rush through!  It really doesn't matter how quickly we read through the Bible.  What matters is how much we've let the Word soak into our hearts and change our lives.

I really, really, really enjoyed reading Abraham's life from start to finish.  Each time I read about him, I am amazed at how God used such an ordinary man with such ordinary faith.  Abraham's story has encouraged me to walk by faith more, and to make it a point of waiting on God instead of trying to fix everything myself.  This, of course, was a lesson Abraham and Sarah had to learn as well.  It's so comforting to know that God used someone so human to be the "Father of Many Nations" particularly the father of Israel.

I am looking forward to reading about the tabernacle and all of the many requirements God had as the people of Israel built it.  I have enjoyed reading the first chapters in Exodus and am excited to see all miracles God does for Israel.

Even if you are not joining us in the 90 Day Bible Reading, I would encourage you to make sure you make time for God each day.  The relationship that develops from this daily quiet time is amazing and sweet.  It will allow God to become so personal to you.  Please don't neglect this special time that God Himself longs to have with you.

Well, I don't know how I managed it, but most of my housework is done for the week!!!  Ah, summer....how I've missed thee!  We are having a fish fry with the Mr.'s parents tonight.  Fish fry = the Mr.'s cooking = a very happy me!!!  I also foresee root beer floats on the front porch this evening!  So thankful for God's little blessings to me!  Have a wonderful weekend everyone!  Take time to count all the many blessings God has given!

No comments:

Post a Comment