CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

June 13, 2012

Black-Eyed Pea Salsa

Goodness!  Tuesday came and went already!  I seem to be having a problem keeping up with the Tummy Tempting Tuesday, but never fear, here's a recipe anyway....guaranteed to be just as good even though it didn't come to you on a Tuesday! :)  This is a great summer recipe that we love to eat with chips or by itself!  We've found it tastes better if you make it ahead and let it chill in the fridge for awhile!

BLACK-EYED PEA SALSA
 
4 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 16 oz. oz. pkg. of frozen corn, thawed
1 15 1/2 oz. can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
3 green onions, chopped
2 Tbsp. fresh minced cilantro
1 cup Italian salad dressing

Combine first six ingredients together.  Drizzle with salad dressing and toss to coat.  Serve with a slotted spoon as a salad, with tortilla chips or with pork chops. Yield: 6 cup

Well, we are off to swimming lessons.  I'm so glad it's the kiddos swimming and not me!  We swim in an hour and a half, and right now, it is only 57* outside with a steady 15 mph wind!  Can we say BRRRRR!?!  I also start violin lessons today! Eeek!!!  I took violin for two years while at college and loved it, but it's been awhile, and I don't think I remember very much!  I'm hoping I don't embarrass myself too badly...however, it's probably inevitable! :)  Hope you all have a great and adventurous Wednesday!  I'll let you know how the violin lesson goes tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment