CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

April 17, 2012

Two Recipes for Tuesday!

Happy, happy Tuesday, everyone! We have a beautiful day today, and I'm so thankful for it because my kiddos have been able to play outside most of the day while I FINISH painting!!! We actually have the toys back on the shelves. I still need to finish the touch ups, but then I can put the furniture back, and everyone can sleep in their own beds tonight! YAY! This whole painting thing did cause one fun event (and probably the only fun event :) ). Last night, just before supper, I RAN OUT OF PAINT!!! So, we ate supper, had the kids put on their PJ's, did our bedtime reading together, but instead of telling them to go to bed when we were done, we told them to go to the car! They nearly died of curiosity, but cheered like mad when we pulled into Dairy Queen! We ate ice cream in our jammies (well, the kids did), and then I ran and got another bucket of paint from good old Wal-Mart! Overall, a fun and spontaneous family night!

I also need to consider the small issue of the laundry marathon that I started. Yes, I have determined I will not go to bed tonight until every piece of laundry is folded and put away! The Mr. says I'm being a little overly optimistic again. As a matter of fact, he began this morning by telling me I needed to start setting realistic goals for the day! :) I have a feeling we will forever be having this conversation!

Well, today is Tummy Tempting Tuesday. I missed the last couple of Tuesdays, and so I will leave you with TWO recipes today. One is for the best Strawberry Lemonade EVER (so say my kiddos), and the other is for my yummy but easy to make chicken salad! Hope you enjoy!

Best Strawberry Lemonade EVER

1 12oz. frozen concentrate lemonade made according to directions
2 cups of orange juice (I make mine from the frozen concentrate as well)
16 oz. frozen strawberries (with sugar added or you can add sugar to the strawberries if you cannot find the ones with sugar)
During strawberry season, I make this with 2 cups of fresh strawberries and sprinke them with sugar.
Fresh lemon slices, optional (I'm usually not quite that fancy) :)

Mix the 3 ingredients together. I usually puree the strawberries and OJ, but it isn't necessary. Chill and serve cold! Just a fun note: my kids love drinking this with straws so that they can suck the strawberries onto the ends and eat them! :)


Yummy Chicken Salad

3 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
4 medium size apples, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup of chopped cashews (more or less if you prefer)
Mayonnaise to taste (usually a cup or so)
A dash of sugar
10 crescent rolls

I know! I know! This is a very loosely measured recipe, and I usually do not prepare many of these, but this is a great tasting recipe! Mix all the ingredients together. I make this like I make my potato salad. Taste a bite...add more mayo. Taste a bit...a touch more sugar. The sugar is the key ingredient! :) Serve on crescent rolls. This recipe will make approximately 10 medium crescent roll sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment