CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

April 6, 2012

Today, I Want to Remember

Today, I want to ponder the sacrifice Jesus made for me. I want to impress upon my family how deep that sacrifice was. Today, I want to remember how hurt He must been when Judas betrayed Him with a kiss....how exhausted He must been when He was arrested. Today, I want to remember how kind He was to His accusers who beat Him and spit on Him. Today, I want to remember how badly He must hurt every time the whip slapped across His back and when the thorns were pressed hard into His head. Today, I want to remember how His face must have bled when they pulled His beard off. Today, I want to remember how unrecognizable He was as they laid the cross on His back and forced Him to carry it down the road. Today, I want to remember how the crowds watched as He went by - some crying because their friend was being murdered, some angry because He was not the King they had wanted, most still curious about the miracle worker who had upset their entire world in only three short years. Today, I want to remember the sound of the nails being pounded through His hands and feet and into the wood of that old cross. Today, I want to remember the agony He must have felt as they raised the cross slowly into the sky. Today, I want to remember Him struggling to catch His next breath so that He could use it to forgive those who were hurting Him. Today, I want to remember the despair He must have felt - the intense loneliness He experienced - as the Father turned His back on His own Son. Today, I want to remember the darkness that closed in upon the world as all creation mourned the death of the Son of God. Today, I want to remember the kindness of all His words, the sadness in His eyes, the forgiveness in His heart. Today, I want to remember the One who loves me like no other ever has. Today, I want to remember that all of this was done for me...just. for. me. I will celebrate on Sunday, but today, I want to remember that the One who loves me most in this world sacrificed the most for me. Today, my Savior died.

No comments:

Post a Comment