CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

March 20, 2012

Three Beans and Sausage

It's been rather quiet here in this little place the last week. Our family was hit by the "Flu of Death" (as my friend Rachel called it)! High fevers, headaches, tummy aches, body aches....I thought my eye balls were literally going to have to be taken out if they did not stop hurting! I was down as well as all four older kiddos, and of course, Mommy is very necessary to the newbie right now. So, I felt a little over needed last week! :) We all seem to be doing great now except for that cough that just wants to hang on. We were able to get back to the school routine this week, and it has gone really well! You are all invited to drop by the house and check out our cool solar system hanging in the living room. We made it yesterday for science. That project also included knocking over and completely ruining the aloe vera plant. Five kids....trying to hang balloons from the ceiling....need I say more? :) Nothing is ever simple around here! We were able to go swimming at an indoor pool with some friends today, and that was a blast as well!
I have so much on my heart that I've been wanting to share, but I must needs go start some bread dough so that it has time to rise before dinner tonight. I thought I'd just share a quick recipe for our Tummy Tempting Tuesday, and hopefully, I can post more tomorrow! I hope you all are having a great week!

Three Beans and Sausage

1 1/2 lbs. smoked sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 can (16 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 1/2 oz.) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup water
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
2/3 cup chopped celery
1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. dried oregano (optional)
1/4 tsp. dried thyme (optional)
Hot cooked rice

In a 5 qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Sprinkle with oregano and thyme if desired. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 4 1/2 hours or until heated through. Discard bay leaf. Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment