CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

March 10, 2012

For the Love of Music

OK...so I'm blogging at 10:30 at night...make that, 11:30 because the time will change, but I'm waiting for a load of laundry to finish, and I also enjoy putting my thoughts down. The last two days have been busy, but a good busy! It has been full of music - which I love! I was able to judge all the vocalists at a music competition yesterday. I enjoy seeing how each student improves from year to year, and I also love hearing new songs that I've never heard before.

Today was a big day for my 8 year old, Miss E. She had her Piano Festival today! Miss E. tends toward the dramatic side. (I really have no idea where she got that from!) She was stressing a little this week over getting ready for this competition. The piano was watered with many tears! On Wednesday morning, after she finished practicing, she let out a huge sigh and said, "Well, Mom, there IS hope!" We were able to have quite a few talks about character and not quitting, and she and I were also able to pray together several times this week about this huge mountain she was facing. I am happy (and a little proud) to say that today she received a Superior score for her pieces. She scored 47 out of 50 points! But seeing her beaming face as she read her score was not nearly as thrilling as hearing her pray at lunch, "Thank You, God, for helping me in my competition, and thank You for giving me a Superior." Now THAT was a thrilling moment.

You know, so many times in this thing called life, it feels like we are getting nowhere - whether it be your own spiritual growth, making a marriage work, conquering a bad habit, child training. There are so many times when it seems like everything we do over and over is useless. I am finding, though, that being consistent and not giving up will pay off. I am so thankful for those moments of encouragement that God gives to me. He allows me to see that He is working in my little girl's heart, and that all this work is not in vain. Don't give up! Don't quit! Nothing good ever comes easy!

I'm going to leave you tonight with a song. This was my favorite new song that I heard yesterday. I have already ordered the music and cannot wait to sing it soon! I hope you are blessed by the beautiful and comforting message that it has.

No comments:

Post a Comment