CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

March 6, 2012

A Little Lasagna with Your Cheese?

Here is a wonderfully delicious lasagna recipe that I was very much looking forward to cooking this week, but alas, I am trying to take out all dairy from my diet to see if it will help my little newbie's rash. So, eat an extra piece for me, will ya? I love this recipe because it has an unhealthy amount of cheese, I'm sure! :)

1 lb. ground beef
1 can (14 1/2 oz.) Italian stewed tomatoes, cut up
(For those of you who can tomatoes, I use a qt. jar and just spice them up with a bit of Italian seasoning.)
1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
1 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups small-curd cottage cheese (I use the full 16 oz. pkg.)
1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese (again, I use the full 16 oz. pkg.)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
6 lasagna noodles
(You can use already cooked noodles, or I just buy the oven ready noodles and use those without cooking them first.)

2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley and garlic; remove from the heat. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheeses, salt and pepper. Layer three noodles in a greased 13 in. X 9 in baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and half of the meat sauce. Repeat layers.

Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until edges are bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yields 12-15 servings.

This is also a great freezer dish. Just prepare the lasagna as directed, but instead of cooking it, cover it well and place in the freezer!

God's Graces to Me:

31. I can home school my heatherns! :)
32. Hot chocolate on windy days
33. The Holy Spirit who works in my heart
34. That God is working in my children's heart
35. My family is coming to see me in May!
36. Because my family is coming to see me in May, I get to do some updating to the house!
37. Godly grandparents and parents
38. How God's Word is always fresh no matter how many times I read a passage.
39. Encouragement from friends
40. Exercise equipment (even though I don't use it as much as I should)

No comments:

Post a Comment