CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

February 3, 2012

At My Rope's End

Wow! This week has been a somewhat less than stellar week! (Great way to start a post, eh?) But, life is life, and life is real, and it's not always sweet and nice! One thing that I always want to be is real. So, you name it, and it has probably happened to us this week. Nights with little sleep, behind on school, bad attitudes (including mine), housework is...well, let's just not go there, trying to figure out how to pay an outrageous hospital bill (we probably shouldn't go there either), a tummy bug insists on continuing its stay in our house, and the list could go on.

Even though this week has not gone anything like I had planned, God has been growing me and stretching me. Yes, I'd rather skip all these nuisances and just grow without them, but that's not in God's plan. God's plan is to put me in a place where I depend on Him and Him alone - a place where I recognize that my efforts and abilities are nothing without Him. This week has also helped me see how much my kiddos mimic my reactions to problems when they have problems. Yep...we've had to do a lot of attitude adjusting this week.

But through this less than stellar week, God has been good and faithful as always. He kept bringing this verse to mind.
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. ~ II Corinthians 12:9
When I am at my rope's end, that's when He can show Himself the most - if I will let Him! I realize my problems are nothing compared to other people's. I hope this verse will be an encouragement and comfort to all of you whether you are facing small incidentals or huge impossibilities! God is ready to show Himself strong on our behalf, and He takes pleasure in doing that for us! (II Chronicles 16:9) Isn't God good? I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed weekend, and don't forget to stop and count the little blessings God brings your way (especially when you're at your rope's end). I've listed a few of mine below.

P.S. There's a new month on the Family Fun Page. If you are looking for something small but fun to do with your kiddos, you might check it out. I'd love to hear your Family Fun ideas too! :)

1. God's faithfulness
2. Kid's laughter
3. My Mr.'s wink
4. UNO Attack
5. My baby's smiles
6. The smell of clean laundry
7. A sunshiny day
8. Our nice car
9. Family dinner every night
10. God's Word

2 comments:

  1. One thing that I have observed Christy is that although my problems may be nowhere near what the problems of others are, they are MY problems, ones that God has designed just for me. There are times that they seem very overwhelming and insurmountable, but they were hand-picked by God just for me...no one else could have handled those particular problems. Our Father knows which trials to lay in the lap of which child and He also knows just what our attitudes will be! I am thankful to Him for being there to help me and I know that you are as well‼
    If it helps you to know this, I could never face the week that you have had with nearly the composure that you have most likely exhibited...God is good all the time‼ You are a great MOM, I'm sure‼

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! And I love your reminder about God choosing each problem for each of His children. His attention to every detail in our lives is amazing, and it's great to remember that nothing takes Him by surprise.

    ReplyDelete