CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

February 20, 2012

This Beautiful Thing Called Grace - Part 3

My study of grace has not gone extraordinarily deep, and I'm sure there is much more to discover about it as I grow. I'd love to hear your thoughts on God's grace and how it has changed your life. It is an amazing, beautiful, and, in many ways, unexplainable thing - this grace that has drawn a sinner like me to a God like Him. What am I to do with all of this grace that is so freely given to me?

I think the best place to look for the answer to this question is Jesus Himself. While here on earth, He freely gave of Himself. He poured Himself out to people - continually serving them and meeting their needs. He did all of this not because they deserved it, but only because He loved them, and He wanted to share God's love with them. Are we that kind of person? Are we sharing God's love and giving God's grace everywhere we go and to every person we meet - no matter who they are or where they are. It may be a person who doesn't deserve our kindness or favor, but did we deserve God's? How can we deny someone else the chance to experience this life-changing grace?

As I was studying the word grace, I found that many times God's Word tells us to minister grace with our words (Col. 4:6, Eph. 4:29). An excellent way to show someone grace is by using our tongue to encourage others. How gracious have my words been today? How many times have I missed an opportunity to show my family or friends grace because of the hurtful words I have said? I love the description given of Jesus in Luke 4:22.
And all bare him (Jesus) witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth? ~Luke 4:22a
God has given me so much grace. It's everywhere I look - His creation I enjoy, the breath I take, the music I listen to, the family I have, and it's all because God wanted to lavish me with His love...that I may bring Him glory.
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. ~Ephesians 1:4-6
What do I do with this beautiful thing called grace? I become more like my Savior, Jesus Christ so that I can give glory to the Creator and God who gave me this grace. I share this grace with every person I meet - no matter who they are or where they've been. I let this grace carry me, like a river, on the journey of life, knowing that it will always keep me and never fail me as long as I'm willing to rest in it. Isn't God's grace a beautiful thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment