CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

April 30, 2013

What's for Supper at Our House Tonight

It has been, as both the Weather Channel and Winnie the Pooh describe it, a rather blustery day at our place!  I've been putting wood in the stove all day...which makes me somewhat sad because I had just completely cleaned the thing from top to bottom, and now we're dirtying it all up again!  Ah well...such is life.  I have decided to change our menu to go along with the blustery weather.  So tonight at our house we're having a family favorite...baked potatoes with chili!  (It's my favorite because it's super easy to prepare!)  Below is my almost ridiculously easy chili recipe that I thought I would share with you.

McCormick's Chili

1 pkg. McCormick Chili Seasoning Mix (our family prefers the mild)
1 lb. ground beef 
1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained - although, I must say 1 quart of home grown canned tomatoes makes this recipe completely out of this world!
1 can (15 oz)  chili beans
1 pkg. frozen corn (again, home grown frozen corn is amazing!)

Brown the meat in a large skillet.  Drain grease.  Stir in seasoning mix, tomatoes, beans and corn.  Bring to a boil.  Cover.  Reduce heat and simmer at least 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.  (I usually simmer mine for about an hr on very low heat to let my tomatoes boil down.)  Serve by itself or over a baked potato.  Top with cheese, sour cream and onions.

Yummy!  I can hardly wait for supper tonight!  Hopefully, we survive our blustery day better than Winnie the Pooh did!  He was missing the chili on his blustery day, I'm sure!  Happy Tuesday, All!  
 Wishing you a day full of blessings,
Christy

Counting God's Little Blessings - 3 Every Day:
55.  The prayers of my kiddos - I love to hear them pray!
56.  My little man Gavin holding his arms up for me to pick him up!  
57.  The unique creativity God gives each and every person!

No comments:

Post a Comment