CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

April 19, 2013

Homeschooling Journal - 4/19

 
In my life this week...
I have let myself slow down and enjoy.  I haven't accomplished any extras, but the house is clean, the laundry is caught up, the school work for the week is finished, and I have enjoyed my afternoons doing a little extra reading.  I am practicing madly on my violin for a rehearsal that I have tomorrow morning.  I am terribly afraid that I (the thirty-something one) am going to look quite foolish as I play with the elementary and high school violinists!  I am praying there is one other adult there to play!  That would be very comforting!
In our homeschool this week...
It has been pretty much business as usual...progressing in the little things.  We haven't done anything super fun or exciting, but it has been an enjoyable week.  Evvie and Andrew look forward to American History as we read through This Country of Ours.  Andrew has almost finished his first small chapter book and has his next one picked out.  Evvie has almost completed 2 out of 4 of the books I asked her to finish by the end of our 12 week term.  Garrett and Madelyn are beginning to read their blends more and more quickly which means they are wording reads more and more quickly!  I can't believe I am almost a mom of 4 readers!!! 

My favorite thing this week was...
As we were reading our daily poetry, Evvie brought me a poem that she had found in one of our anthologies.  She asked me to read to her "because I like to hear you read."  The name of the poem..."When Mother Reads Aloud."  I'm glad I have a daughter who is as sentimental as I am!
My kiddos favorite thing this week...
Drawing....or attempting to anyway....our ostriches.  We have been going through It's Fun to Draw Safari Animals.  The kiddos were delighted to draw an ostrich because we have also been reading Swiss Family Robinson.  Speaking of drawing...it is something that I have never excelled in.  If you have some book recommendations for the very beginning beginner, I'd love to hear.  I have looked at several that people have recommended, and they are still too complicated.  The It's Fun to Draw series is simpler but somewhat cartoon-ish.  I would like to begin drawing more realistically.

Things I'm working on...
I am preparing to finish up most of my spring cleaning list next week.  Also, next week is the week I would like to bump up my exercise from 2 days each week to 5.  I don't mind the exercise, but for me, it truly is a sacrifice of time, but one that would be good for me.

I'm cooking...
As I type, I have this Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler cooking in the oven.  I hope it tastes as good as it looked when I popped it into the oven.  (FYI: I added 1/2 cup of sugar to the batter mix because we like sweet cobblers!)  I am attempting to cook a new dessert each Friday for our tea time.  Last week's was not considered very successful...hoping for better this week!
I'm praying for...
Our country and all the people in it who are hurting.  I am sincerely praying that the hearts of those who are our leaders will be softened and that the families in America will begin taking responsibility for their own lives instead of relying on the government to do so. 

Something I have my eye on...
 

What a blessed week it has been!  I am thankful for the love God shows me each day despite the many ways I fail Him.  God is good, and He delights in showing Himself to us!  Have a beautiful weekend!


Wishing you a day full of blessings,
Christy

1 comment:

  1. I am glad I happened upon your blog.
    I love how spirit-filled your blog is.
    Sounds like a great week.
    Blessings,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete