CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

April 27, 2013

Homeschool Journal - 4/26

 
In my life this week...
I have had a fairly boring life this week - well, as boring as it can get with five kiddos and a husband.  I am mentally (and physically) preparing for the month of May which has become quite ridiculously busy!  So, I will enjoy the boring for now.  I'm sure it won't stay that way for long!
In our homeschool this week...
Again, not too much out of the ordinary happening.  Evvie is still working on her book challenge.  Andrew has begun his new chapter book.  We took a little extra time in math to drill addition, subtraction and multiplication facts.  Because this is definitely one of our weak areas, I am trying to put more consistent time into it so that Evvie and Andrew can improve their speed in math facts. The Right Start math curriculum that we use provides us with dozens of games that we can play to make learning math facts more fun.  We just need to take more time to do them.  
Helpful homeschool advice...
Don't be afraid to try something different.  It may turn out to be the best thing you ever did!
Places we're going and people we're seeing...
We were able to go to watch our church's high school perform their murder mystery play!  It was a fun evening, and we saw many of our friends put on a wonderful performance! 
My favorite thing this week was...
Finally getting a chance to sit in my lovely brand new (to me) lawn chairs with their comfy new cushions (which I found on an amazing sale!!!)!   The sunshine with a light breeze was exactly what my spirits needed.
My kiddos favorite thing this week was...
Taking our nature walk.  We live on the edge of the desert, and to be honest, sometimes the nature hunts become a little boring.  There is lots of sagebrush, a few small birds, and every now and then a fly, bee or butterfly, but this week, we found two different kinds of desert flowers and a robin. Evvie also caught a white western butterfly in a glass cup so that she could observe and draw it into her journal!  

Things I'm working on...
Catching up on the mending...UGH!!!  I wonder if anyone would really miss any of it if it just mysteriously disappeared.
I'm cooking...
On Thursday night, we fired up the grill for the first time this season!  We grilled chicken breasts that had been marinated in Italian salad dressing.  Such a simple recipe, but it is always delicious and moist!  Tomorrow, we are going to grill hamburgers!  Making the most of this spring weather!
I'm grateful for...
My hard working man.  He did a big project for me today, and I am so thankful it isn't hanging over my head anymore, and he's thankful that he won't hear me ask him to do it again! :)
I'm praying for...
The self-discipline I need to pace myself, to be organized and to prepare ahead so that I do not overwhelm my entire family as busyness comes our way!
Praying you all have a wonderful day of worship tomorrow and a great beginning to your new week!  


Wishing you a day full of blessings,
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment