CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

April 3, 2013

It's the Little Things

You know, it's the simple things in life that you have to learn to love.  If you always wait for something big...well, you might be waiting for a really long while or  you may be horribly disappointed at the outcome or lack thereof!  One of the little things that I have loved this week is that every one of my kiddos have had their chores done, clothes on, teeth brushed, hair combed and have been seated on the couch by 8:45 every morning! (This is actually an amazing miracle and not such a little thing!) Another thing is that Garrett has swept the floor twice this week, and I can actually tell that he did sweep the floor!  This is progress!  I put Gavin in his play pen to play while we began our school, and he didn't scream as though we had just thrown him in the dryer!  We had company over for Easter Sunday, and so my house was all sparkly clean - at one brief moment in time!  It's the little, little things, I tell ya!  I lost 4 pounds before Easter, and my Evvie, who is well known for saying exactly what she is thinking, said, "Well, Mom, you look like you actually lost some weight this week!"  Thank you, dear sweet Evvie Grace!  We built a fire pit - well, I built a fire pit - which means (according to the Mr. - whose daughter is very much like him) it will probably fall down soon!  However, I have always, always wanted a fire pit, and so I finally got out there and did it myself...and I love it!  We have been seeing all the baby lambs and calves as we have been out and about.  Hearing my 7 year old Andrew talk about how cute they are is something little that I love too!  And so, I am learning to look for the little things in life while I also anticipate the big ones!  As the saying goes, "Life is a journey, not a destination."  I am beginning to realize that there is no such thing as the perfect life.  It is our human nature that the more we receive, the more we want.  I am asking God to work in me and to allow me to notice and enjoy the little things along the way so that when I come to the end of my life, even though I may not have what most people would call the perfect life or the American dream, I pray I will be completely at peace with the journey I have taken and the legacy I have left behind.  Take time today to enjoy the little things in your life's journey!
Wishing you a day full of blessings,
Christy
52.  The beautiful Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday services we had.  As a friend of mine told me, 
       "My heart is full!"
53.  The positive changes I am seeing in my kiddos!  The Holy Spirit is working!
54.  Encouragement from others!  I am so thankful for the friends God has given me who continually build
       me up with Scripture and Biblical thinking!



No comments:

Post a Comment