CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

March 6, 2013

When My Heart Is Still Overwhelmed...

This morning, during my quiet time, I was praising God for His sufficiency.  He began to remind me...again...that I can do nothing.  I am capable of nothing.  I am nothing.  But when I allow God to work in my heart and change me from the inside out, I begin to see wonderful things happen - not because I have done anything, but because He has done everything.  Honestly, I am still waiting to see some of those wonderful things.  This last month has been less than ideal in the mothering department!  I am thankful that no matter how often I mess things up or can't figure out the solution to a problem, my God is more than capable of handling it for me.  I will leave you with a few verses I wrote in my journal this morning - verses that I am rereading after my children have been awake for only 2 hours...

I hope they encourage your overwhelmed heart.  I am finding that if I do not see how weak how I am, I will never see how big God is.  

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God.                                                         ~II Corinthians 3:5

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore, I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
~II Corinthians 12:9-10

My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
~Psalm 73:25

Wishing you a day full of blessings,
Christy

Counting God's Little Blessings - 3 Every Day
34.  God has a solution for every problem.
35. After searching all night last night, we found 2 pacifiers this morning with no holes chewed in them
      = better night's sleep tonight than last night! :)
36.  God is so very patient with me - teaching me and then reminding me over and over of the lessons I need
       to learn and the things I need to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment