CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

March 14, 2013

Preparing for Easter

I usually begin preparing for Easter much sooner than this, but a) I knew from the beginning that I wanted to simplify (I tried too many things last year!), and b) it is sneaking up quickly! (Is it earlier than usual, or is it just me running behind as usual?)  It has always been a pet peeve of mine that we prepare for and place such an emphasis on Christmas but then devote a Sunday sermon about Palm Sunday and Resurrection Sunday only on those two days.  As Christians, we have far more to celebrate on Resurrection Sunday than we do on Christmas morning, and it is a wonderful opportunity to once more present our children with the plan God has for them through His saving grace.  

This year, I had planned on doing only the Resurrection Eggs found here.  This is a great way to allow our children to slowly soak in the gospel message and to also help them remember the details and order of events by using the symbols in the eggs.  However, curiosity got the best of me, and I began googling other Easter ideas and came across this one - a Resurrection Tree that you fill every day with a symbol beginning with the story of creation and going through the Resurrection. What an excellent way to give your children a complete overview of God's plan for this world!  Obviously, it's a little late to start this and finish it by Easter, but I thought it was too sweet not to share, and you could double up the days and finish on Easter Sunday...(here I go again!).

I would love to hear how you celebrate Easter in your home!  God has given each of different gifts, and there is no end to the many different ways we can remember this special day.  Make sure to take this opportunity to fill your children with the beauty of the gospel and God's love.
 Wishing you a day full of blessings,

Christy


Counting God's Little Blessings - 3 Every Day:
37.  The health God has given to me and my family.  We have struggled with several bugs this fall and winter, but we have no major health issues and that is not something to take for granted!
38.  The spring cleaning is slowly being accomplished!
39.  The singing of the birds!  They are back in our trees, and the first day we heard them, Gavin would not stop looking to see what was making that sound!  It was the most adorable thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment