CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

March 26, 2013

The Depth of God's Love

The more I think on God's love and how deep and vast it is, the more I realize how incomprehensible and immeasurable it truly is!  In preparation for Resurrection Sunday,  I have been reading John Piper's free e-book devotional Love to the Uttermost.  I would encourage you to download and read it yourself.  It has been wonderful to dwell on the magnitude of God's love...for me.  

I thought I would share a few verses that I have been meditating on this week.  

Romans 5:6-8
For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.  For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.  BUT GOD commendeth his love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Even knowing the depths of my sinful heart, God gave.  What love!

John 13:1
Now before the feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of the world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

A beautiful description of Jesus' love for his disciples, and it gives me a wonderful look into His heart of love for me!

Luke 12:32
Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

This plan of saving my sinful soul - of punishing His righteous Son in my place - pleased God!  

As I have meditated on the love of God this week, I can only say over and over, "Thank You, God, for loving me in a way that I can never understand or even return. Thank You for loving me in spite of me."

Isn't our God abundantly and overwhelmingly good?   I praise Him today for His unconditional love for me!
Wishing you a day full of blessings,
Christy

Counting God's Little Blessings - 3 Every Day: (a few extra today because I keep forgetting to add them to my post!)
43.   God's love to the uttermost
44.   That God is my hope in spite of all my sin
45.   The pleasure God has finds in giving to me
46.   Jesus' willingness to die even though He knew I would reject Him over and over.
47.   My little Gavin's jabber - he had a long tale to tell this morning when it was just him and I awake.
48.   My Mr.'s willingness to help out - my neck has decided to not stay in its proper alignment these last 
        two days!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment