CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

March 28, 2013

God in Heaven

I have mentioned the book Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing several times this last week because I have completely fallen in love with it.  It also goes right along with the book our M&M's group is studying - Give Them Grace: Dazzling Your Kids with the Love of Jesus.  You need to read both of these books - even if you have no children.  They are both excellent books for growing in your faith in God's grace.  Since today is my sweet Mr.'s birthday, and we are kind of a little extra busy preparing for his special night, I thought I would share with you one of the readings from Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing.  

God In Heaven
It was never meant to be this way.
When the first human beings, Adam and Eve
ran from God, they broke his heart
and his world-and tears and sickness and 
pain and death came in.

God made his world to be our perfect home.
But sin has spoiled everything.
We have made a terrible mess of God's world.
We lost it all!

Did God abandon us?  Did he just look
down from heaven at the mess we made?

No.  He didn't just look down. 
He came down.  God himself came down.

Not as a judge to punish us,
but as a Rescuer to save us.

Aren't those beautiful thoughts to meditate on all day long?  This book should definitely be enjoyed by children and adults alike!  I am so thankful that God came to rescue me - even though I only deserved His punishment. 
Wishing you a day full of blessings,
Christy

Counting God's Little Blessings - 3 Every Day:
49.  The quietness of quiet time!
50.  My sweet Mr. - I don't know how I would live without him!
51.  God is my Rescuer!

No comments:

Post a Comment