CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

October 17, 2012

Love Notes to God

God shapes the world by prayer. Prayers are deathless. The lips that uttered them may be closed in death, the heart that felt them may have ceased to beat, but the prayers live before God, and God’s heart is set on them and prayers outlive the lives of those who uttered them; outlive a generation, outlive an age, outlive a world.   ~ E.M.Bounds Purpose in Prayer

Have you ever thought about the fact that our prayers outlive our lives?  Won't it be wonderful when this earth is over, and God takes the time to show us each prayer we prayed and how and when it was answered? I believe that will happen.  I believe that will be part of our faith becoming sight.  I think that we will not fully realize until then how powerful a tool we possess with prayer.  God has been working on my heart all summer and now into fall about having a more consistent prayer life.  It is hard, and I still do not feel like I am anywhere close to where I should be in that area of my Christian walk.  This quote inspired me to continue my pursuit of a close prayer relationship with God.  I may never see some of my prayers answered, or my prayers may not be answered my way, but I do know that God hears my prayers, and He treasures them like I treasure the little notes from my sweet children.  One day my faith will become sight, and I will see what God did with all my love notes to Him.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment