CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

October 8, 2012

Joyful Mom Monday ~ Being a Purposeful Mom

Hi there!  Welcome to our Joyful Mom Monday link-up!  I am excited to share with you more of my passion for being a joyful mom, and I can't wait to hear how all of you are doing the same.   Shortly after I began to realize that my original idea of motherhood was not working, I read somewhere (I can't remember where) about how we wives and moms should write out a statement of purpose and intention.  This statement should include our long-term goals and how we want to accomplish them.  I thought I would share my statement of purpose today.

Philippians 3:10a & 14 -  That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection...I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

My purpose in life is to be a content, wise and godly woman.  I will accomplish these three things in my life 1) by living purposefully - loving God more each day; loving and inspiring my husband; loving, teaching and training my children; exampling to my family and friends the love and power of God; 2) by living faithfully - believing that God can do in my family's life what I could never accomplish on my own; 3) by living creatively - bringing fun, laughter and joy to my home and those I meet; 4) by living paradoxically - being willing to be different from the world,  being the opposite of my selfish nature and  giving more than I feel like giving.

God, help me to accomplish these purposes - not for my pride but for Your glory!

If you have never done anything like this before, I would encourage to take a few minutes this week to do this.  I keep mine in my Bible and in my Quiet Time Box, and on rough days, it is helpful to pull it out and remind myself of why I am doing what I am doing.  There are many things we can do to help us become more joyful moms, but one of the best ways to begin is by recognizing our purpose for doing what we do day in and day out and by being intentional as we carry out that purpose.

Make sure you link up below because I can't wait to hear your ideas on being a Joyful Mom!  Let's be joyful moms with purpose and intention this week!  Happy Monday!


Today, when you link up, you will need to use a text link.  I'm still working on the button.  Sorry...it's been a little crazy around here this last week!  I will post a button as soon as I finish figuring it out! :)

The "rules" (because everyone else's blog has rules) are simple:

1.  Share anything that will encourage other moms to be joyful in their journey.  This can be a fun craft idea, a recipe to cook with your kiddos, a post from your heart, a Bible verse, a picture, a fun memory, a family night idea...anything that we moms can look at and say, "I should try that!" or "That's the way I want my kids to remember me!"

2.  Please link directly to your Monday URL post - not to your blog - so that we can look directly at your post in future days.

3. Please acknowledge the link to Joyful Mom Mondays in some way - either with the button or through a text link so that others can stop by and see all the ideas we have posted.  (I will have a button made by Monday!)

4.  Enjoy the journey with other moms.  Stop by the other blogs and leave a sweet note of encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment