CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

October 16, 2012

Caramel Popcorn - A Perfect Reading Snack


All week long, I've been telling myself that I need to find a super yummy main dish to share with all of you because my last few recipes have been super yummy desserts!  However, once again, the top dish at the house for this week (which is what I usually share with all of you) has been a sweet treat!  Now, that the nights are longer, and the Mr. and kiddos are coming in from the outdoors earlier, our reading times have begun to stretch out longer.  I love our reading times, and they are times that I hope my kiddos will remember their entire lives.  I have found that despite the extra mess it sometimes brings to the living room, reading times are much more enjoyable when you have a snack to share.  So, I'll leave you today with one of our favorite winter snacks.  It is also a great "let's get our school work done early" incentive because it does take a little preparation and cook time.  I hope your family will enjoy it as much as ours does!  Have fun making memories with your family today!  

Caramel Popcorn

1 cup butter
1/2 cup corn syrup
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
5 quarts popped popcorn (I have used plain microwave popcorn with this recipe, but we definitely prefer the air popped popcorn)

In a sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat.  After the butter is melted, add corn syrup, brown sugar and salt.  Bring to a FULL boil stirring constantly.  Let mixture boil for 4 minutes with NO stirring.  Remove from heat and add baking soda and vanilla.  Stir the popcorn into the mixture.  Spread in baking pans and place in the oven at 250* for 1 hr. stirring several times while baking.  Let popcorn cool completely before serving.

P.S.  It's not too late to link up with our Joyful Mom Mondays if you would still like to.  The link will be open until Sunday evening!  


No comments:

Post a Comment