CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

May 14, 2012

90 Day Bible Reading Challenge

I'm just gonna be honest here.  I really have nothing too inspiring to write about...haven't had anything for a month now.  I find cleaning my house from top to bottom fairly uninspiring! :)  But, I do have plans for this summer...some big and some little.  I thought I'd share one of them with you today, and see if you would like to join me.

I have heard of several people in the last year who have read through the Bible in 90 days, and I have tried it before but was interrupted by pregnancy with the newbie!  I love the idea, though, and so many have talked about the wonderful perspective it adds.  So....I'm going to try it again, and I would love for some of you to come along with me.

Please understand that in order to do this you will need to read approximately 12 chapters each day which, depending on how quickly you read, could take anywhere from 1-2 hours each day - 7 days every week.  It is a big commitment, and I'm not sure that I will even be able to stay on target the whole way through, but I am determined to try and to stay as close to 90 days as possible.  I may not finish in 90 days, but I will finish!  Again, my ever present motto: I may not accomplish all of it, but I will accomplish more than if I had never set a goal at all.    

Down below, I have attached a 90 Day Bible Reading Plan which I will be following.  Take a look at it and see what you think.  I will be starting June 1.  For me, summer is easier because I'm not so consumed with homeschooling.  I do understand that this may not be the best time for you.  So, if it isn't, maybe bookmark this calendar and save it for a time when it will work.  If you would like to join me in this challenge, leave a comment below (or on my face book page for those of you who catch my blog from there).  If no one else joins, that's OK.  I still plan on posting each Friday a little bit about where I am and what I am gaining from the experience in hopes of being accountable and encouraging others to take up the challenge when they can.  I am looking forward to it and cannot wait to learn and grow this summer as a result of this challenge! 

For now, I'm off to finish up my girls' wooden letters that we are painting/decorating with their names!  So far, they are super cute, and we are hoping to hang them tonight!  Happy Monday to all of you! I hope you've taken the time today to remember that God loves YOU and to count all the ways He has shown you this love!

90 Day Bible Reading Plan  FYI: It is in bookmark form so that you can print it out and keep it in your Bible.  It is a little difficult to read on the computer screen, but once you print it out, it isn't too bad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment