CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

March 2, 2011

Dirty Laundry AND Praising God?!?

Wow! It's been awhile since I've been able to post, and I have missed it! We had an extraordinarily busy week last week, and then I began this week by being sick! I think we may be finally getting back to our routine. On top of being sick and an unexpected trip out of town, my washing machine also gave up the ghost. The last load of laundry I did was at 9PM on Thursday evening - shortly after an explosion of vomit by Mr. G. In a house of 6 people (some being sick), you can only imagine the state of the laundry now! Then, Mr. A. had an accident in the middle of the night last night. Thankfully, it is Wednesday, and we will be going into Twin early today to check out some used washers. Under penalty of no clean underwear, the mister is not allowed into the house without a washer tonight! :)
Well, that is totally not where I was going when I began to post today, but I do think a little humor in life is very necessary - especially when the only other option is to sit and cry! :) As I began this week, I was quite overwhelmed. My goal this week has been to speak only encouraging words. Do you realize how difficult that is when you are sick and surrounded by dirty laundry? In order to speak those encouraging words, I have had to change my perspective. Instead of focusing on the negative, I must see the positive. Instead of seeing all the things that are going wrong, I must see how God has a plan for it all and praise Him for what He is doing in my life - whether I understand it or not. So, in my quest for encouraging words, I have also begun a quest to praise God with my whole heart, and guess what? It has been so much fun to just sit in my chair and think on all the things I can praise God for. Take a few minutes and try it today! Here are a few verses that I have been thinking on, and there are SOOOO many more!
Psalm 86:12
"I will praise thee , O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore."
Psalm 71: 14-16
"But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more. My mouth shall shew forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers thereof. I will go in the strength of the Lord God: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only."
Psalm 145:2-3
"Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever. Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable."
Psalm 104:33
"I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being."
What are some of your favorite praise verses?

No comments:

Post a Comment