CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

March 7, 2011

I AM LOVED

I think sometimes we say God loves us, but we forget how MUCH God loves us. Our pastor preached an amazing two messages yesterday that reminded me that I AM SO LOVED by God. I'm not just loved - I am LOVED with an everlasting, never failing, unconditional, measureless love, and the amazing thing is....He loved me FIRST!


All day today I have been thinking on the vastness of God's love for me.


HE LOVES ME!
He knew me and planned me, and yes, even loved me before time even began.


HE LOVES ME!
He redeemed me.


HE LOVES ME!
He called me by name.


HE LOVES ME!
He has a plan for me - a hope and a future - that is better than anything I could ever imagine!


HE LOVES ME!
He will not leave me.


HE LOVES ME!
I am PRECIOUS in His sight.


HE LOVES ME!
He gave His Son to take my punishment.


HE LOVES ME!
He is faithful to me. His mercies are new every morning.


HE LOVES ME!
He comforts me.


HE LOVES ME!
He rejoices over me!


To think on these things - to REALLY think on these things - leaves me amazed and humbled by God's love for me. How can I ever repay such a love as this? I cannot. I can only humbly offer my life back to Him to use as He pleases just as the woman who sat at Jesus' feet and washed them gently with HER TEARS! What a picture of brokeness! What a beautiful picture of human love being offered as best as possible to the Lord and Savior. Jesus said her sins were forgiven because she loved much.

God, help me to never forget how much You love me, how much You sacrificed to show Your love for me, how much You have forgiven me of. I am loved, but with that love comes the opportunity to love much in return. Do not let me be guilty of returning such love with complacency or self-satisfaction. Help me, God, to love You much!




No comments:

Post a Comment