CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

March 22, 2011

Letting God Control My Day

Happy Tuesday, everyone! The mister and I had an amazingly wonderful weekend getaway and came back refreshed and ready to conquer the world! :) I also became an auntie again this weekend and have a brand new niece! All in all, a great weekend!
Have you ever come to the place where you have so many things you want to do and try that you know if you try them all at once, you will not succeed at any of them? That is where I am right now! I have several books that I would love to finish. There are several things that I have thought of that I'd like to begin doing for the Mr. so that I can let him know how special he is to me. I want to try a new idea my sister-in-law gave for incorporating the fruits of the Spirit in the kiddos' lives. I want to begin baking my own bread. I want to finish up some spring cleaning. I want there to be no clothes in the dirty laundry basket, and that, is just the very top of the long, long list!
I know if I tackle all of these at once, life will become a major disaster. My expectations will become impossible, and I will become an irratable grouch! I do feel like I have gained ground in that at least I recognize this! :) However, I realize I have so little time on earth, and I want to use every second to acccomplish something good and enjoy the time I am given.
I read this today in Stormie Omartian's Book of Prayer.
"Lord, I pray You would show me what work I am supposed to be doing. If it is something other than what I am doing now, reveal it to me. If it is something I am to do in addition to what I am already doing, show me that too. Whatever it is You have called me to do, b0th now and in the future, I pray You will give me the strength and energy to get it done well. May I find great fulfillment and satisfaction in every aspect of it, even the most difficult and unpleasant parts."
I am so thankful God gives reminders right when we need them. God gently reminded me that He has a plan for my day. I need to pray over my day, carefully and wisely choose what I believe God would want me to accomplish this day, and then be willing to change those plans if God opens up new opportunities later. There is no need to be overwhelmed by all that I want to accomplish. God is in control of every detail of my life - all the way down to whether I bake the bread or not! :) Now, if I could just remember this ALL DAY! :)
And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.
~Psalm 90:17~

No comments:

Post a Comment