CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

February 9, 2011

The Kiddos' Shopping Spree

Each of my kiddos supposedly began to receive an allowance around the age of four. I say supposedly because I very rarely remembered to actually give it to them! :) However, now that I have a seven year old who keeps me in line, I decided that if I was going to promise them an allowance then I needed to....well....actually follow through! :) So, at the beginning of this year, we placed their banks in the kitchen window sill - tacky decorating, but we don't forget! Every Saturday morning when their chores are done, my oldest three line up to receive their allowance, and then we also place the church money in their baggies to put in Mom's purse (where they usually stay until the next Saturday when we do this again and remember we forgot to actually give the money to the church - oops!).

On the second Tuesday of each month, our church has a mommies' meeting, and so I promised the kiddos that every second Tuesday after that meeting, we would go to the stores of their choice to spend their allowances. They have had a blast doing this! They really enjoy choosing the stores, and it has been interesting to watch how they spend their money. My seven year old daughter is convinced that everything is "way too expensive" and that everyone is out to get all her money. My five year old man wants every big tractor in sight. He is SLOWLY learning that big = more money than I'll have for a LONG time! :) My three year old man wants to spend his money on every little thing he sees. It was a long shopping trip, but I kept reminding myself that this is probably how they feel while I'm doing my shopping! All in all, it was a great day, and everyone was pleased with their purchases. Best of all, everyone (except the three year old) had some money left!

No comments:

Post a Comment