CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

July 19, 2013

I Am the Lord Thy God

Just a short post today.  A phrase from the Bible keeps coming to my mind this afternoon.  It is "I am the Lord thy God."  I've been asking myself today if I am living my life as though the Lord is my God, or am I just saying words?  Do I remember that my God is a jealous God.  He wants all of me...not just a part of me.  He wants the best of me...not just the leftovers.  It is easy for me to look at others and criticize them for the compromises to Christianity they seem to be making, but what about me?  Have  I given God the best of my time today?  Have I remembered Him in all that I have done today?  Have I shown Him the greatest love today?  If I am sure to measure everything by those questions, I believe my life would be lived much differently than it has been.  Deep thoughts for this weekend, but it is what is on my heart.  The desire of my heart is that my family and I live a life of excellence for Jesus Christ, but it is so much easier to fall into the compromises and temptations that the world and the flesh offer.  Let's make sure we take time this weekend to renew our desire and vision to live our lives remembering that the Lord is our God - a jealous, holy, righteous, loving and gracious God who desires the very best of our lives.


Wishing you a day full of blessings,
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment