CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

July 15, 2013

Joyful Mom Monday - Cutting Back

Counting God's Little Blessings
This is a post I have been pondering...and dreading...for several weeks now.  While not feeling very good and with my kiddos able to play outside more, I developed a bad habit of spending too much time on the computer.  It's just easy to pick up the laptop and look up something for a few minutes, and it's something that I can put away quickly with no mess to clean up afterwards when it's time to resume real life!   But  I have become guilty of putting it in place of things that need to be done and even in place of time with my family. For the next three weeks, the Mr. will be working like crazy, but the kids and I have not much planned, and so I have decided that now would be a great time to set some limitations on the amount of time the computer is on.  I'll still be blogging and even checking out facebook, but I am going to try super hard to restrict my computer time to times that will not take away from my family.

Why am I sharing this with you?  First of all, because I like to be real and honest.  I'm not perfect, and I don't have it all together.  I don't know all the answers, and I'm usually better at doing the wrong thing than the right thing.  Secondly, I'm sharing because I know that I am not the only mom who has fallen into this trap, and I hope that my honesty will encourage you to be honest with yourself.  

When our priorities become out of line, we lose joy in the every day-ness of life that God has called us to be a part of.  We begin to set unreasonable expectations for ourselves and others as we compare ourselves to others instead of to God's Word.  I want to be a mom full of joy in what I am in the middle of right now - whether it be full of messes or full of fun!  So, this week begins my exercise of self-discipline in cutting back on the time  I spend on my computer! Today has already been more productive and joy-filled.  I am looking forward to what the week holds and thanking God for His faithfulness in continually showing me ways that I can have the more abundant life that He promised.


Wishing you a day full of blessings,
Christy


No comments:

Post a Comment