CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

July 8, 2013

Joyful Mom Monday - Find and Know Excellent Resources

Counting God's Little Blessings
Something that I enjoy doing (and probably spend entirely too much time doing...ahem) is finding wonderful and fresh resources to use with my children - whether they be books to read together, coloring pages, crafts or  parenting blogs/books.  You name it, it's out there somewhere!  We are blessed to be living in an age where we can find anything we might be thinking of through the internet.  I love finding new and creative ways to teach my children or ways to build onto something I have already begun teaching.  If you are wandering aimlessly through parenthood hoping that it will somehow just all turn out right (by the way, I have been there and still visit that place on occasion!), one of the best ways to restore joy and purpose to your family would be to find and fill your home with excellent resources - resources that provide a plan and encouragement.  Down below, I have listed a few books and websites that I have found to be helpful.  There is so much more available than just these, but I did not want to overwhelm you!

The Ministry of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson

I Take Joy - Sally Clarkson's blog

Nature Friend Magazine - I cannot say enough good about this magazine.  The quality of photographs is excellent, the information is creation-based, accurate and interesting and the activities are fun for all.  Our family DEVOURS this magazine each month!

DLTK's Craft for Kids - a great site for crafts and coloring pages for preschooler

Kaboose - full of craft, game and even snack ideas for kids of all ages

Children Desiring God - excellent place to find curriculum (some free/some not) for teaching your children to know God

Positive Action - a resource full of excellent devotionals (to purchase) for upper elementary, junior high and high school.  Highly recommend if you have older children! (They have resources for young children as well, but I was very impressed with the older children's books.)

Give Them Grace - a fascinating book that shows parents how to give the gospel to your children instead of only rules and outwardly good behavior.

momheart.org - an excellent blog full of encouragement and wonderful mom reminders

Home Educating Family Magazine - could not homeschool without this magazine! ;)



There is much much more out there, and I know I am not remembering even most of my go-to resources, but it's 5 o'clock, and I've just finished homeschooling this afternoon, so the brain cells are not real fresh at the moment!  I would love to hear your favorite books, blogs and websites, and I may publish a few more through the week as I think of them.  Until then, have fun browsing and renewing purpose, sanity and joy to your home!

Wishing you a day full of blessings,
Christy


No comments:

Post a Comment