CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

May 13, 2013

Joyful Mom Monday - Laugh!

Counting God's Little Blessings

Happy, happy Monday to all of you!  This weekend, as we were celebrating Mother's Day, I was reminding myself of all the things I want my kids to remember me for, and one of the things that came to my mind was laughter.  Sometimes, I get so caught up in everything that needs to be done - chores done, meals prepared, school work finished, manners remembered, stupidity avoided - you know, in other words, things that make me look good - and I forget to show my kids that I enjoy them.  Patience has never been something I have scored high marks in, but it's been especially short in supply these last two weeks.  I need to enjoy my kids more.  I need to laugh more with them...and at them! :)  Instead of becoming annoyed when the cup of cold water spills in their laps, I can laugh at the surprised look on their face and help them clean it up.  Instead of telling them to quit talking, I can listen to their "funny" jokes.  Instead of sending them to play outside, I can watch them play and laugh at the discoveries they make. I'm sure that if I would spend more time laughing with my kiddos, I would be a more joyful mom.  As we're busy trying to accomplish all of the necessary duties, let's not forget to laugh with our kiddos!

Wishing you a day full of blessings,
Christy
 Do you have some topics for our Joyful Mom Mondays?  I would love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. If you don't get it right the first time the Lord may not bring the blessing again, so having said that, I think you must be doing a much better job being Mom than you think, since you are having the blessed opportunity to do it again ♥ Enjoyed the post.

    ReplyDelete