CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

May 30, 2013

Do I Have Enough Compassion?

There have been several difficult situations that people around me have had to experience and walk through lately.  This morning, as I was preparing for the day, I was convicted by my lack of sympathy and compassion for some of them.  It is easy to feel sympathy and take action with compassion on good people who are thrust into the middle of bad situations such as a horrible car accident or the devastation of a tornado.  But what about people who put themselves into their own situations because of poor choices?  Do they deserve our compassion?  

Well, at first, I want to shout NO.  They are getting what they deserve!  But, then, I recall to my mind how God looked down on me a sinner and had compassion.  Compassion is not just a feeling of sympathy, but it is a feeling that turns into an action.  You go beyond the way you feel, and you find something to do about it!  God saw the condition of my willful and disobedient heart, and it moved Him to send His Son to take my punishment.  That is an amazing example of compassion!  

As I have gone through the day today, I have been asking God to give me more compassion for people - to not only let me feel "sorry" for them, but to find a way to take action and help them...even if it may only be through a firm commitment to pray for them daily.   I don't know what people or situations God may be placing in your life right now, but I do know that if we Christians are not compassionate, the world will never see the light of our Jesus!  I pray God will burden my heart and show me how I can grow in compassion for those that around me.

But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth. ~Psalm 86:15

But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? ~I John 3:17
 Wishing you a day full of blessings,

Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment