CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

August 12, 2013

Joyful Mom Monday - Pray for Your Kids

Happy Monday!  I am taking a short break from packing and cleaning to write a few thoughts here.  I am looking forward to coming back in September and getting into a good routine again.  Even though we have schooled through the summer, the only routine thing about our days has been school work from 1-4 in the afternoons.  Everything else has been out the window...including my morning quiet time.  I still manage to work it in somehow, somewhere, but it usually is not as long or as in depth, and my spirit is beginning to show the lack of it!  

One thing that I enjoyed during the last school year was using this free printable calendar to pray specifically for my kiddos.  This calendar allowed my prayers for my children to be focused and consistent and very very specific.  It also made me more aware throughout the day of my children's strengths and weaknesses.  I also began to realize what a powerful tool I possessed in the act of praying daily for my children.  My heart attitude towards them changed, and I began to see their struggles through the eyes of the Holy Spirit instead of through my own impatience. It was also wonderful to see how many times a situation would come up that I had prayed about that morning, and what a blessing it was to be able to look my child in the eye and say, "You know, sweetheart, I was just praying about this, and I asked God to help us work this out together."  I've missed that consistency of specific prayer for my kiddos and am looking forward to working that back into my early morning quiet times.  

I would encourage you to take a quick minute to print this calendar out and then to take just a few minutes each day to use it!  I think you will be amazed at how much more joyful the task of mothering will become as you begin to place your children in the hands of God each morning.  What a privilege God gives us to be able to bring all things to Him in prayer!   What a privilege we moms have to be able to take our most precious treasures to our most loving Heavenly Father!
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him. ~I John 5:14-15
 Wishing you a day full of blessings,

Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment