CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

September 10, 2012

The Beginning of Inspiring Quotes

I love that I can look back through my blog and read about the adventures that have happened in my life and remember the things God has been working in my heart about.  It has been a great way to keep a record of small things...and it's all in one place and fairly organized!  So, I think today I shall start a new topic on my blog entitled "Inspiring Quotes."  I know it's not an extraordinary title, but I'm soooo sleepy right now and cannot think of anything better.  So...."Inspiring Quotes" it is.  I have a bajillion (is that how you spell it?) quotes.  I keep some of them on a ring in my quiet time box so that anytime I become discouraged, I can flip through them and be reminded of the difference I can make in someone's life if I will just keep going a little farther and keep pushing a little harder.  I would encourage you to make one of these rings or even just keep a small notebook with a few favorite quotes in it.  Outside of God's Word, it is one of my greatest encouragements!

My first quote that I will share is one that I just found. Our family has been reading about the missionary Gladys Aylward (I must confess I had never heard of this amazing missionary until I received her biography in a set of history books I purchased from ebay!). She was a courageous little lady who went to China all by herself in the 1930's without even the backing of a mission board!  She encountered many adventures as a single white woman in the very remote Chinese villages, but she always met them undauntedly! I can no longer in good conscience complain about being tired after a long day with my five kiddos because she cared for TWO HUNDRED...yes TWO HUNDRED...orphans by herself!!!  Because of her sacrificial and unconditional service to the Chinese, she saw many, many saved, and everyone cared greatly for her.  The ruler of a Chinese village where she spent many years of her service invited her to a banquet.  Many other officials and upstanding citizens were there.  At the end of the banquet, the ruler stood and in front of everyone said this:

"I have seen all that you are and all that you do, and I would like to become a Christian like you."

It makes me cry just to write it!  It also makes me ask if I am living a life that would make someone say that to me!  I pray so.  This makes me want to serve more unselfishly, sacrifice more greatly, live more godly.  I don't know that I will ever be able to have the impact that Gladys Aylward had, but it is my prayer that at least one person will see Christ in me and want to be a Christian too!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment