CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

July 26, 2012

What Kind of Christian Are You?

On Tuesday, I wrote about the burden I had for those who seem so lost and searching.  As I was writing that, it occurred to me that even though my post was directed to people who do not have Jesus as their Savior, there are many Christians out there who still have a void in their lives as well.  I know because I used to be one of them. I was a genuine Christian who did all the "Christian" things while still trying to enjoy as much of the world as I could.  Unfortunately, churches are full of Christians who are that way.  So, I'm asking one of those hard, uncomfortable questions again...what kind of Christian are you?  Are you a sold out, all the way, wholehearted, my holy God means everything to me and I do not want to offend Him in any way Christian? Or are you a go to church, read my Bible when I remember, listen and watch whatever I want as long as no other Christians are around, don't really think much about God during the week Christian?

Yep...that's a REALLY uncomfortable question to answer.  The truth is, all of us will never be "Christian" enough to deserve what God has given us.  However, because of all God has given us, we should be inspired and motivated to forsake everyone and everything and follow Jesus with complete wholeheartedness.  As a matter of fact Jesus said very clearly in Luke 14:33, 

"So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple."

Being a Christian is so much more than just going to church, reading your Bible a couple of times a week, or even being a good moral person.  It is a relationship!!! It is about making Jesus your very best friend!  It is about making Him the Person you talk to about everything before you talk to anyone else!  It is about reading His Word so that you can get to know this Friend - His likes and His dislikes, what He enjoys and does not enjoy, what He desires from you, and what He wants to do for you It is about becoming as much like Jesus and as little like the world as you possibly can. I encourage you...if you are a Christian, but you do not feel this way about Jesus, take some time today to sit still and listen.  Stop all the busyness and entertainment and search your heart.  Ask God to show you where you stand in your relationship with Him.  He promised in Jeremiah 29:13,

"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."

If you are a Christian who has that love relationship with Jesus, will you pray?  Instead of judging others, instead of looking down on those who do not see things the way you do, will you pray?  The Holy Spirit is the One who has to do the work, and yes, maybe the Holy Spirit can use your example or your words to begin a change, but ultimately, it is His work in their hearts.  Let's pray that the body of Christ will step away from this world and follow in God's holiness so that we can be a bright light to this dark, dark world.

No comments:

Post a Comment