CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

May 2, 2011

Celebrating a Blessing!

Today is my baby girl's third birthday! It's hard to believe it's been three years since the Mr. brought her over for me to see her for the very first time after waiting for nine very long months. Miss M was a big surprise for us! When we found out she was on the way, her brother was only 5 months old! Her oldest brother and sister were 2 and 4! When she was born, we had a 4 1/2 year old, a 2 year old and a 14 month old! I spent most of my pregnancy with Miss M overwhelmed and crying! My thought the entire time was, "I cannot handle the three I have. What in the world am I going to do when we throw a newborn in?" The Mr. and I still laugh at how excited we were to drop the three older kids off and go to the hospital where we would have nothing to do except have a major surgery and take care of a newborn! It truly was a mini-vacation, and we were so excited for it!


Well, here we are three years later, and I can say it has not been easy, but it also has not been as difficult as I imagined it would be. God truly does give you exactly what you need to complete the task He has given you to do. I remember when Miss M was 2 weeks old trying to go grocery shopping with all 4 kiddos by myself. We did it! I was exhausted by the time we got home, but it was a great feeling of accomplishment! I've also found that about the time I begin to feel like things are getting easier, a new wrench is thrown in! But that's ok. The mister's and my's motto now: "Just go with the flow!"


People look at us like we are crazy, and we just look back at them and say, "Yep, we are!" But, it's a great and fun craziness. I sometimes think on all we would have missed out on if my life had gone exactly as I had planned it. It wouldn't have been nearly as fun or exciting, but most of all, I really don't believe I would be the kind of Christian I am today if everything would have gone as I planned it. God has begun a work in my heart that has left me more and more dependent upon Him for the answers I am looking for. He has changed my heart and my perspective in so many different ways.


So, to those of you moms who may be feeling slightly (or as was my case - extraordinarily)overwhelmed at all there is to do, remember God has given you your little blessings, and He will give you everything you need to accomplish what He wants you to accomplish with them. Take time to celebrate and enjoy your blessings - not just on birthdays but everyday! Oh yeah, and don't forget - "Just go with the flow!"


No comments:

Post a Comment