CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

November 9, 2012

Homeschooling Journal - 11/9


In my life this week...
I have had a topsy-turvy week trying to care for all the little sickies and keep school going.  We did fairly well at the beginning of this week, but by Thursday, I was too sleepy to keep going, and so we finally declared a sick day!  I think everyone is well now!   Our big news for this week is that last week, the Mr. actually dug the hole in preparation to lay the foundation for our new house!  This house has been in the works for five years now.  We had the plans made two years ago, but things have never completely fallen into place.  Because of where we live, it is very difficult to convince a bank that we are not a high-risk loan.  We will be building as we can afford it, and it may take 2 or 3 years, but to actually see it beginning is an exciting thing!  

In our homeschool this week...
This week, Miss E wrote a story about a runaway horse.  She loves anything to do with horses and used quite a bit of imagination in her little tale.  Mr. A is trying to beat his time in addition facts and still reading up a storm!  Mr. G and Miss M have learned the letter N this week and made a sweet little bird's nest to help them remember it.  I personally can't wait for them to learn the letter D so that we can make doughnuts! :)  The newbie is still smiling his devilish little smile while he stands in the middle of the floor but still refuses to take any steps!

I am inspired by...
My sweet Mr. inspires me all the time!  He is one of the hardest working men I know!  He is always very careful and wise about the choices he makes in business, and we have seen God bless his patience many times over!   He will be doing much of the work on our new house and will sacrifice many hours to make this happen for us.  He always inspires me to work a little harder and push a little farther.  Even though he is a hard worker, he still comes home every night for supper and spends time playing with the kids.  I am so blessed to have Him for my man!

My favorite thing this week was...
I loved hearing Miss E and Mr. A playing math games together.  I am not making this up when I say that they regularly pull out the math basket in the afternoons to play math games just for fun!  They are learning and having fun at the same time!
Questions I have...
I am still learning about the Charlotte Mason method of schooling as I teach this year.  I hear many blogs/moms talk about notebooking, but I have never found many specifics.  Do any of you use notebooking in your schooling?  What subjects do you use them in?  Do all of your children participate?  Can they work together on one notebook?  Do you have any website suggestions that you use for notebooking ideas?  What do your notebooks include?  Anything you can offer concerning this subject would be very helpful! 
I am reading...
I am about halfway through Sally Clarkson's book The Mom Walk.  Have you ever read a book and pretty much highlighted the entire thing?  That's what I am totally doing in this one!  I love it!  It is such a practical and encouraging help to me and has been speaking to me about just the areas I needed guidance in right now!

I am cooking...
Tonight is taco night - one of our family's favorites!  Mine too because it's so easy to prepare! :)
I am grateful for...
This week, I have been particularly thankful for the comfort prayer brings.  Knowing that I can take any problem I have and give it to my Heavenly Father and let Him take care of it for me has lifted my load and my spirits many times this week!  I am so thankful that I do not need to solve all the problems that are around me - whether they are concerns with my children, my friends, my country.  God is in control, and His plan is far better than mine if I will let Him carry me through.
I am praying for...
I am praying that God will give the Mr. and I wisdom as we look for ways to serve Him.  I am praying for wisdom as we teach our children.  I am praying that we will be more disciplined and be able to establish excellent character in our children.  I am still praying for our country and its leaders. 

A photo to share...
Digging "The Hole!"

That has been our week!  We are going to enjoy our tacos and a restful cozy evening next to our woodstove!  We will be leaving in the morning to take Miss E to play in her Sonatina Festival.  She has been working hard for this competition and is excited to finally play for the judges!  Hopefully, she is still excited in the morning when she actually gets there in front of the judge! :)  

Don't forget to check out the Joyful Mom Monday post!  We would love to have you link up with us.  Next Monday's post will be Thanksgiving Traditions and How to Be Joyful While Celebrating Them! 

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment