CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

January 14, 2014

My Word for 2014

Although I need to stop, slow down and enjoy the people in my life more, I do still have a few goals for this year - very small ones but goals nonetheless.  One of the things I would love to do most is to begin keeping a family journal.  I have started one many times and usually write it in it for...oh...2 or 3 days and then never pick it up again.  I love writing, and I already regret not writing about our earlier family years.  The older I get, the more I realize how quickly our family is growing up...and how easily it becomes a blur!  So...I would love to keep a faithful journal this year of our family's happenings.

I also want to be a more faithful Christian who is steadily growing.  I felt like last year, I was an unpredictable Christian - growing like a weed at times and then shriveling up like a dry dead plant at others.  I want to be always growing, always seeking and always striving to have the mind of Christ.

My word for the year 2014 encompasses all of the goals and dreams I have for making this year exceptional. And, I have to admit, I am cheating and reusing 2013's word! :)  The word...relationships!  I am much better at accomplishing a project, checking off a list, seeing immediate results.  The problem is none of those things are the way relationships work!  I tend to try to make even my relationships into a check list!   Last year, I had grand plans for improving relationships, and then...I became pregnant.  I don't know about you, but pregnancy and improving relationships are like two polar opposites...very difficult to do.  I tried, and I didn't forget, but it definitely was not a stellar year of achieving goals!  So...my focus again for this year is relationships.  Focusing on people and their needs. Putting people ahead of my lists and plans.  Having meaningful conversations.  Handwritten letters instead of emails.  Encouraging words in place of irritation. Seeing interruptions as amazing opportunities.  Stopping to enjoy the people in my life more!

Those are my goals for 2014.  Nothing amazing, but I hope it will still be life changing.  What about you? Have you thought of how you want to be different this year?  I know I can not do this in my own strength.  I am asking God to infuse me with His strength and His desires so that through Him I can accomplish all He has for me this year.  I hope that I can live a small part of the verse that my Savior lived out His entire life on this earth. 

Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. ~Matthew 20:28

No comments:

Post a Comment