CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

October 15, 2011

...For in Due Season, We Shall Reap

Ever heard the phrase "tomorrow never comes?" Well, it obviously took a while to get here! I really am wanting to blog more regularly, but the last two weeks have been consumed with "well doing"....and doctor's appointments....and the stomach flu! Thankfully, everyone seems to be feeling better now, and we are trying to get caught up a little at a time.


The last time I posted, I was in the middle of meditating on Galatians 6:9: "And let us not be weary in well doing..." Shortly after I posted that, all four of my kiddos came down with the stomach flu - three of them all at the same time! It was rough, but God continued to bring this verse to my mind. I'm so thankful He gave us the end of the verse too. "...for in due season, we shall reap, if we faint not."


There are many times in my life (and I'm sure in everyone else's too) that I become tired of the well doing. I see so many people taking short cuts, and they seem to be doing OK. I'm tempted to do the same. Their lives look so much easier...and in some ways, they probably are. But I have God's promise that if I will live my life His way, He will reward me in unimaginable ways! I just need to keep going! I need to give a little more. I need to strengthen my character. I need to spend more time with God. I need to be more unselfish in my attitudes and actions. I need to continue to train my children. I need to be my husband's help meet in every situation. I need to not faint but keep going. Because I know, God has something out there way better than all the shortcuts in the world, and in due season, I will reap the reward of not being weary in well doing.


Praying that you all have a wonderful day finding ways to accomplish the well doing that is placed in your lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment