CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

September 28, 2011

The Desires of My Heart

Yes, if you happened to notice the time of the publishing of this post, it is accurate...4:52 AM to be exact! Sleep has not come very easily the past few weeks, and it is becoming a habit to watch the clock slowly click by from 1 AM to 5 AM. So, I thought I would try to make my time a little more profitable and see what kind of thoughts I could place on "paper" at this insane time of the morning.






God has been working so much in my heart and life this week. It has been so good to see this because, to be honest, I have felt many times this summer, like God just kind of....well....dumped me off His project list and moved on to someone else! As I look back, though, I am beginning to see where God was still very much working in my life to prepare me for His exact purpose. There have been prayers that I have prayed for YEARS that I have seen answered this week! Some have been really teensy tiny prayers, but some....some have been prayers that came from the very depths of my being.






God once again reminded me of how well He knows me and cares for me as I was reading Psalm 139:2 to my kiddos yesterday. "Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off." It may seem like God has forgotten us or dropped us off in the middle of craziness and chaos just to see what our next reaction will be, but the truth is God knows and cares about every detail of our lives...big or small.






This brings me to one of my favorite verses - Psalm 37:4: "Delight thyself also in the Lord, and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart." What do you do when you feel as though God has forgotten where you are and what you are doing? Continue to delight in Him - please Him, take joy in serving Him, draw as close to Him as you can because He is watching the big picture, and one day, when you are least expecting it, He will give you that desire of your heart in a more amazing way than you would have ever dreamed!






So...sit back and delight in your God today - the God who has created you, the God who knows you better than you know yourself, the God who will never leave you, the God who has promised to give you the desires of your heart....and so much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment