CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

January 26, 2011

Counting God's Little Blessings

I have decided to take up another project!!! Yes, I cannot NOT be busy, and so I am venturing into the world of blogging. I enjoy sitting down and putting my thoughts on paper. I love the personal touch of handwriting, but alas, I can type faster than I can write, and so because of my busyness, I did compromise there. I want to use this blog as a way to let my family (most of whom live out of state) hear about the everyday things that happen in our lives, and if someone else ventures into here (bless their pea-pickin' hearts), I pray they will find something to either make them laugh (which is pretty much a guarantee with the stories that happen around here) or make them think on God's goodness in their lives.

One of the reasons I gave this particular name to my blog is because there are times when I look back over my life and see how I would not have chosen everything for me that God chose, but I am so thankful for where I am now. God's blessings to me have been huge - mega huge, but sometimes, I forget to notice the "little" ones. Noticing the little blessings, though, is what allows me to see how truly good God has been to me.

We did not have a very successful homeschooling day today. My little man Andrew enjoys school, for the most part, but has a hard time focusing in and sticking with it. Just this week, the curriculum we are using, has doubled the number of papers he is supposed to do in a day. Needless to say, it is going to take some getting used to. He still made me smile, though. When we first started kindergarten, he was learning to write the number 8. His big sister, Evvie, was telling him that this is the hardest number ever! I decided to encourage him a little by saying it was my favorite number because it reminded me of beautiful dancing. So, to this day, everytime he writes the number 8, he says to me, "I get to dance now, Momma!" It makes me smile everytime, but it also reminds me of how easily influenced my kiddos are and of the great impact I have in their lives even when I don't realize it. What a responsibility I have been entrusted with, but I am so thankful God has given me the "little" blessing of His promise to strengthen me and help me as I teach my children to love Him.

1 comment:

  1. hey christy--so you've inspired me & i am designing my own blog now! thanks for posting, and when i get mine up & running you'll have to come over & see what goes on over there!

    ReplyDelete