CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

March 29, 2013

The Cost of God's Love

We most certainly could not celebrate Resurrection Sunday if we did not remember Good Friday.  What a horrific day our Savior had to face 2,000 years ago.  I cannot completely imagine all of the physical agony he went through, but something that I have tried to make very clear to myself and my kiddos this week is that it wasn't the physical agony that killed Jesus.  It was my sin and the awful separation from His Father - a separation which he had never before experienced - that caused Jesus to take His final breath.  Jesus bore God's holy and righteous wrath against my sin for me.  It is overwhelming when I think of how difficult it must have been for Jesus to take my punishment from His Father knowing He had done nothing.  Why did He do it?  The answer is simple...He loves me.  While He was on the cross bearing my punishment for my sin, he was thinking of me and of the wonderful, eternal and abundant life that I would be able to receive because of His sacrifice!  

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. ~Hebrews 12:2

I don't know why Jesus loved me, but I am so glad He did!  Today, I will remember all that my sin cost Him.  Thank You, Jesus for enduring this day for me!
Wishing you a day full of blessings,
Christy

Below are a few things that I have listened to or watched that have helped me focus on the awful cost of God's love.

It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming - S.M. Lockridge's sermon combines with footage from The Passion Of The Christ for this powerful video.

The Father's Cup: A Crucifixion Narrative - a powerful 23 minute description of Jesus' death

Via Dolorosa with clips from The Passion of The Christ

Stricken, Smitten and Afflicted - beautiful song with amazing words to meditate on.


No comments:

Post a Comment