CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

October 2, 2012

An Exciting New Thing and Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins

There is something that I have wanted to do for quite some time, and today, I decided I'm just gonna do it!  I'm gonna take the plunge and see what happens!  If you have stopped by here much at all, you have probably picked up on my passion for motherhood.  I love being wife to the Mr., and I love pleasing him and serving him, too.  He is, after all, the one who will be here with me long after our kiddos have begun their own separate journeys.  However, I am surrounded 24/7 by my (most of the time) sweet kiddos, and they are my focus all day long.  I have always loved children, and it hurts my heart so much to see little ones who are neglected by the people who brought them into this world and who should love them the most.  There are so many women with children who are not mothers.  A mother nurtures, protects, sacrifices, teaches, loves and so much more. Am I the perfect mom?  Absolutely not.  I already have many regrets in the nine short years of my parenting.   Am I growing and changing and learning?  Praise God, I am!  (Tomorrow, I am going to share my journey as a mom because I want you to know where I am coming from.)

So, where was I going with this?  There is a point...I promise!!!  All of that above was to share with you the passion I have for being a joy-filled, nurturing, memory-making mom and for helping other moms be that too!  Beginning next Monday, October 8, I am going to feature Joyful Mom Mondays.  This will be an opportunity for me to share ways that we as moms can have indescribable joy as we go through such mundane days!  The best part is, I will be adding a link so that if you have a blog, you can also share your Joyful Mom ideas!  We can all learn from each other!  It may be small to start with.  Shucks!  I'll be happy if only one person links.  To me, it's not about the numbers.  It's about encouraging each other to reach for excellence.  Jesus promised in John 10:10b, "I am come that they may have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."  That's what I want - an abundant, excellent, no longer mundane but life-changing life, and I want to learn with you!  Whether you are a mom of littles or not so littles or even completely grown and gone kiddos, I'd love to hear what you are doing or have done to make your journey through motherhood a joyful one! If you are interested and ready to put some ideas together, I have posted a link here so that you can read more about this opportunity and what we are looking for in your post!  I am so looking forward to this and hope that you will join me!

Okay...now to our regularly scheduled Tummy Tempting Tuesday....

I know I have put up several desserts lately, but it is my specialty (in both the ability to prepare and the ability to eat)!  Today, I am posting a link to Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins.  My sister introduced these addictive things to me, and I assure you, you DO NOT want to pass up this recipe.  They are very close to Starbuck's famed Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins.  (I know this because I ate one of Starbuck's muffins just last week so that I could make this statement with complete accuracy!)  So, here it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment